ASIAA Summer Student Program 2011
1 Jul. - 31 Aug., 2011 at ASIAA, Taipei
Details of Program
- Interviews for prospective candidates will be arranged by the summer program committee and their prospective supervisors.
- The Summer Student program will begin on 1 July and end on 31 August 2011.
2011 年的暑期學生專題研究計畫由七月1日開始至八月 31 日止。
- The stipend is NT$20,000 per month, and will be paid in four portions at the middle and the end of July and August respectively. All the students with ROC citizenship will be included in Labor Insurance Program provided by ROC government. According to Labor Insurance Act (Article 16), the insured person has to pay a portion of the premium. That self-paid portion is about NT$300 per month for each student, which will be deducted from the stipend and be paid together with the employer's portion to the insurer.
- Students are expected to join all academic activities at the ASIAA, including seminars and colloquia, as well as a lecture series designed for the students.
- Students requesting casual leave are expected to make up for this time after the program formally concludes. All casual leave should be approved by the supervisor.
在這段期間內，如有事故必須離開或請假，應先徵得指導老師的同意。 並且應該和指導老師商量，如何利用計畫結束之後的時間來補足， 繼續完成您的專題研究。
- All students are required to give an oral report of their research project at the conclusion of the program, and to provide a written report (in English) suitable for the WEB.
暑期結束前，應就研究的題目做全所公開的報告，口頭報告必須用英文進行。 此外，同學應提供一份適合在網頁上閱讀的英文書面報告，介紹自己的暑期 研究計畫和成果。
- Outstanding students under agreement of the supervisors and institute director will have the opportunity to continue working at the ASIAA under a paid studentship.
- If requested, we can try to arrange for shared accommodations (separate for male and female students) at the student dormitory of the National Taiwan University. The accommodation cost is expected to be less than NT$10,000 for two months. The ASIAA will cover half of the rental fee, so expected to be less than NT$80 per day.
- Overseas students are welcome to apply, but please pay attention to special procedures, such as VISA and stipend.
- Foreign students who are studying in universities in Taiwan can only get monthly stipend of NT4,000, unless you have working permit. If you would like to have full salary, please pay attention to special procedures, such as applying working permit or waiver.
- All of our supports and facilities mentioned above are restricted to the summer students themselves, and not be extended to their friends or relatives.
To apply, please use our online application form, send your university academic record, and if possible up to two recommendation letters to the address below.
Address: Summer Students Program, Institute of Astronomy and Astrophysics Academia Sinica,
P.O. Box 23-141 Taipei 106, Taiwan, R.O.C.
E-mail: summerasiaa.sinica.edu.tw (Rebecca Zheng)