Closing Date: August 06, 2012
Application received before closing date(6/30) will receive full evaluation, and we continue to receive application until the position is filled.
This developmental position is to provide Linux server maintenance and end-user support for local area network, hardware, software and operating system needs for scientific and administrative staff in ASIAA. The potential candidate is expected to assist and work with other system administrators on daily basis to:
- Participate in maintaining Linux server(Mail server, NFS, DNS, LDAP, Apache, VPN) , Disk array, Firewall and Linux workstation backup system.
- Provide end-user application assistance for Linux users.
- Participate in troubleshooting and network hardware and software problems in cooperation with other system staffs.
- Investigate, explore, test, document, and update operating system software for end-user workstations.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience with Linux OS systems, especially RedHat.
- College or university degrees, or higher. Computer/engineering/science related disciplines highly desirable.
- Efficient and fluent communication in spoken and written English.
Desirable additional qualifications:
- Linux certifications, e.g. RHCA (Red Hat Certified Architect), RHCE(Red Hat Certified Engineer), CCNA(Cisco Certified Network Associate) certification.
- Familiarity with Mac OS X system.
- Familiarity with programming languages: PHP, My SQL, Perl, Java, C, C++, Fortran 77 and 90.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP network protocol and applications.
- Familiarity with Linux applications.